The legendary Ho Chi Minh Trail was the supply line used by VC government to link North to South Vietnam during the American War. Soldiers, ammunition, weapons and supplies were carried by hand, bicycle and truck for hundreds of kilometers through the otherwise impenetrable jungle that covered Vietnam’s mountainous border with Laos. A testimony to the ingenuity, fortitude and commitment of the northern Vietnamese, the trail slipped from use at the end of the war and was taken back by the jungle. Recent road work that follow original sections of the trail have changed this.
Vietnam motorcycling on Ho Chi Minh trail - half challenge is going to take you ride on the first half of the trail - from Hanoi to Hoi an. Besides incredible driving, deep in the Vietnamese countryside, this motorcycling tour takes in the charming ancient trading town of Hoian, Khe Sanh battle site and DMZ. We also take time to stay overnight in a traditional Thai hill tribe and visit to some tribal villages on the way.
- Riding on the best motorcycling part of Ho Chi Minh trail
- Beautiful terrace fields on the way to Mai Chau valley
- Visit to Ho Chi Minh's home town in Nghe An
- Stop at Phong Nha for short cave visit
- Ride to DMZ zone with Truong Son cemetary, Khe Sanh, Ben Hai, A Luoi, Dong Ha
- End up in Hoi an town for relax and beach